Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch?


 A few mornings ago, I gave my two boys cereal for breakfast. They were given two choices. Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch (yea, yea not healthy...). My nine year old quickly selected his cereal. "Fruity Pebbles," he said.  Easy choice. However, the seven year old sat there perplexed. Paralyzed. Agonizing over this decision. "It's just so hard to pick," he said.  I thought how it must be nice to have this as your biggest problem. But then, I thought, this is a big problem...to him.
 Everyone has issues and decisions that are hard to make, that they analyze to death...that paralyze them. It is quick to judge someone's inability to make a decision based on your own experience and expectations. Do not fall victim to this prejudice. Keep in mind that when faced with a difficult choice, task, mission, etc - that perspective is sometimes as equally important as the decision itself.

So tell me...come on...is it gonna be Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment