Thursday, December 15, 2011

Why the Tie?

I have started a routine of always wearing a tie on Wednesdays. Nothing too formal; the addition of a tie does the trick. I have enjoyed the routine.

So, what's the point? I mean, I do work within a corporate culture that encourages casual to business dress. However, on Wednesdays, I take it up a notch. I use a few extra minutes to take extra personal pride in my professional appearance.

Now we've heard this lesson before: "dress for success", right? That is exactly right.

I am in NO way a fashion consultant, there are other blogs for that (If Must Say So). I am only suggesting that you spend a few extra minutes on the living, breathing professional presentation that is you. The way that you present yourself at work as it relates to what you wear and how you wear it is as important as your attitude and the language you choose to use at work.

So take a few less minutes to read your latest business trendsetting book, stop hitting snooze and use that time to contribute to and enhance your professional brand. Just as you know to commit time to your physical health (internal), know to commit time to your physical presentation (external).

Say what you want, but say it with confidence and pride. Wear what you want, but wear it with confidence and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment