Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All In

Sometimes it is necessary to make the "all in" bet. I am speaking in the business professional sense, of course. Too many times we play it safe. We bet just enough to give the appearance of risk, but without truly putting our reputations, our jobs, even our careers on the line. However, we read business leader biographies and case studies recounting over and over again how "this was the big win" - "make this work or lose my job" - and so on...you get the picture.

I learned this lesson first hand. The first true marketing job I ever landed was won by taking a chance. I re-designed the company website to show my new "idea" in my initial interview at the company. The CEO was called in to see this overzealous proposal, which ended up being adopted and landed me the job.

To reference my previous post regarding home-run hitting: you can't hit a home run by not swinging for the fences. So hit a home run or go down swinging. I'll bet you hit one out of the park…in fact, I'm all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment